Need to have your wisdom teeth extracted? Whether you are experiencing intense or minor pain, we want to help you optimize your oral health. Do not wait until you’re experiencing serious pain, have an infection, or an impacted tooth to have your wisdom teeth extracted. At Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center by Dr. Falender, our dentist offer a variety of treatments designed to help restore and heal oral health issues. From wisdom teeth removal and bone grafting to oral pathology, you can count on us for unmatched dental care. We are focused on delivering a superior level of patient care and will always put your comfort first.
- Wisdom teeth are third molars that usually appear between the ages of 16 and 25 at the back of the mouth.
- Wisdom teeth can grow unnoticed until they start to cause issues in the mouth.
- They are commonly extracted when they affect other teeth – this is known as “impacted wisdom teeth”.
- Wisdom teeth are extracted either because they have already become impacted or because they are potentially problematic.
- The extraction of wisdom teeth can be a troublesome procedure.
For more complicated procedures we will recommend an oral surgeon.
If you are experiencing pain from a wisdom tooth, contact us to schedule a free consultation.
- Prevents possible wisdom teeth infection and teeth crowding
- Eliminates any wisdom teeth pain or swelling caused by a wisdom tooth
- Restores your comfort
- Helps maintain the appearance of your stunning smile
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery Removes Wisdom Tooth Infection
- This offer is for wisdom teeth removal.
- Payment must be made in full (credit card, wire transfer, cashier’s check, multiple financing options are available).
- This special offer may not be combined with any other offer.
- Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center maintains the right to refuse any service.
- Further restrictions may apply. You may contact our office for further information and details.
Most of our patients feel no distress throughout their treatment and feel remarkably well following the procedure with minimal effects and little or no memory of the extraction of their wisdom teeth, considering that they chose to complete the procedure under intravenous sedation. Also, most patients will not require strong pain medication for 24 to 48 hours after the procedure and usually NSAIDs will alleviate the post-operative discomfort.
Dr. Falender will personally meet with you during the consultation visit before the procedure to review your medical and surgical history and assess your personal needs. He will then be able to determine what type of sedation is best and safest for you based on your current health condition.
Most likely you will not remember the procedure. In rare instances, some patients would have partial recollection of the procedure depending on the depth of sedation, duration of the procedure, and safety factors relative to the individual’s health condition.
You will be completely relaxed during and following the wisdom teeth extraction. This is one of the main reasons patients with very high dental anxiety or a severe gag reflex choose Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center for the safe sleep dentistry we provide.
Neurosensory deficit or in other words, numbness, is a rare complication that occurs after removal of mandibular (lower jaw) wisdom teeth. Numbness of chin, lip, and tongue potentially occurs in cases where the nerves that supply the mentioned structures are damaged during the procedure. In cases where the nerve is closer to the roots of the wisdom teeth, risks are higher. Numbness could last up to four to six months and in rare instances could be permanent. Appropriate level of training and experience is crucial when it comes to treatment of complex cases. Choosing the appropriate specialist is the key in avoiding or essentially eliminating potential irreversible complications.
Yes, most definitely. Dr. Lawrence Falender, DDS is the founder of Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center in Indianapolis. He founded IOSDI Center in order to offer his patients superior services with the most technological advancements in the field. Dr. Falender is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, DDS. as well as extensively trained in administering various levels of anesthesia in an outpatient setting. He is an expert in removal of wisdom teeth and that’s the reason why many dental professionals trust him when it comes to treating more complex and high-risk cases.