- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. For morning surgery, no food or liquids after midnight the night before surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the surgery day. The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Falender prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- The use of alcohol or recreational drugs can have an adverse effect on the anesthesia medications that we use. Please discontinue the use of such for at least 72 hours prior to your procedure.
- If you were prescribed medications by Dr. Falender, please closely follow the instructions for their use.
Women, please note: Some antibiotics may interfere with the effectiveness of your birth control pills. Please check with your pharmacist before getting Intravenous Anesthesia.
Our Team Looks Forward to Welcoming You To