It’s a question many people ask themselves on a regular basis:
“If I already have dentures, can I get dental implants?” The short answer? Yes!
Watch How Denture Implants Can Change Your Life
How to Know if You’re a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants have a 99% success rate, but how do you know if you’re even a candidate for them? It all depends on the amount of healthy bone in your mouth. If you’ve had dentures for several years, you might have had some deterioration. Dental implants need a certain amount of healthy bone so they can permanently fuse to your mouth — this is also known as osseointegration.
So, basically, if you still have enough healthy bone in your mouth, you’re a candidate for dental implants. But even if you don’t, there are other options like bone grafting that can still make dental implants a realistic possibility.
At Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center, we’re proud to offer the All-on-4 treatment concept to our patients. Thanks to the tilted design of the implants in All-on-4, it covers more bone and allows more patients to be candidates for dental implants. Once it’s determined that you’re a candidate for dental implants, you can start enjoying their several advantages over dentures. Even if you have been told you are NOT a candidate, come see us for a second opinion.
Advantages of Dental Implants Over Dentures
Traditional dentures come with several disadvantages. They’re inconvenient, cause bone deterioration and need to be replaced every few years, just to name a few. Dental implants, on the other hand, are the next best thing to your natural teeth.
Here are some of their advantages over dentures:
– Natural appearance: Unlike dentures, dental implants look just like your natural teeth. People often won’t even be able to tell you have them!
– Full function: You can eat whatever you want with dental implants, unlike the diet restrictions you’ll experience with dentures.
– Superior stability: While dentures sit on the gum line, dental implants fuse to the bone in your mouth, meaning you’ll be able to enjoy them for a lifetime.
– Bone stimulation: You don’t have to worry about facial collapse or excess wrinkles with dental implants, as they stimulate the bone in your mouth to ensure it stays healthy.
– Social confidence: Dentures come with the risk of slippage or falling out, which can cause embarrassment during photos or social situations. Dental implants stay securely in place at all times.
– Convenient care: Say goodbye the pastes and cleaning solutions, as you can care for dental implants just like your natural teeth.
If you have dentures and are considering dental implants, schedule a consultation with us today!
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Falender contact our Indianapolis, IN, dental office today by calling (317) 790-2555. Our office welcomes patients in and around Indianapolis, IN, including Fishers, Lawrence, Greenfield, and the surrounding Southern Indianapolis communities.